Your Future Leader Can be a Role Model at Camp Invention
Inspiring curious minds
Guiding STEM activities
Gaining leadership experience
What Is the Leaders-in-Training Program?
- Who: Future leaders in grades 7-9
- What: An exciting opportunity for middle schoolers to participate in Camp Invention®! By leading campers in grades K-6 through high-energy STEM activities at a local camp, these role models encourage creativity and hands-on fun while building their leadership and goal-setting abilities.
- Where: Leaders-in-Training programs run at nearly 800 Camp Invention locations nationwide, in schools, community centers and other local facilities!
- When: Our program dates and hours vary by location.
- How Much: Pricing for this weeklong program starts at $145 and includes leadership training and opportunities to guide young campers through hands-on STEM challenges, as well as activities to complete at home. See your local Camp Invention for exact pricing.
Leaders-in-Training are at the center of fun challenges and creative STEM learning at Camp Invention. When you register your middle schooler to be a Leader-in-Training, you’ll give them the chance to take on the role of a Camp Invention counselor. While campers take on activities created by education experts and National Inventors Hall of Fame® Inductees, Leaders-in-Training provide guidance and encouragement, inspiring children to do their very best. With this one-of-a-kind experience, your Leader-in-Training will not only have fun for the summer, but they’ll also gain valuable skills for the future.
Leaders-in-Training work with experienced Camp Instructors to become positive mentors and coaches.
Each participant can encourage children to push the limits of their imagination.
Leaders-in-Training will ignite team spirit among peers and young campers.
See a typical day as a Leader-in-Training
As campers check in, Leaders-in-Training step into a leadership role by helping the Camp Director kick off a day of STEM fun and learning.
Leaders-in-Training and Leadership Interns team up at Base Camp, where they practice goal-setting skills and help campers get ready to take on the day’s hands-on challenges.
Leaders-in-Training help guide children through two creative challenges, providing essential mentorship, inspiration and encouragement as campers explore, experiment and overcome challenges, and then they enjoy a healthy snack.
After refueling with a healthy lunch*, Leaders-in-Training use their organization skills to help Camp Instructors prepare for an action-packed afternoon while campers enjoy some playtime.
*Lunch is not provided.
The afternoon brings two more themed challenges, giving Leaders-in-Training more opportunities to build their confidence as they serve as role models and support campers’ efforts to design, build and test their biggest ideas.
Before the day ends, Leaders-in-Training collaborate with Leadership Interns at Base Camp, where they help campers boost their creative problem-solving skills and stay motivated to keep inventing.
As parents sign out their happy campers, Leaders-in-Training help the Camp Director wrap up the day, and then they reflect on their personal and team goals and successes.