Find a Leadership Internship and Build the Skills to Be a STEM Leader
What Is the Leadership Intern Program?
- Who: Young leaders in grades 10-12 and college
- What: The ultimate college application or resume builder! Leadership Interns work closely with Camp Invention® participants to help them explore STEM concepts and become creative thinkers who can invent a better tomorrow
- Where: Volunteer opportunities are available at Camp Invention locations nationwide
- When: Our program dates and hours vary by location
- How Much: Free! Submit your information today and we will share your interest with the Directors of Camp Invention programs in your area. If they are in need of Leadership Interns, they will contact you.
Media slider with 5 slides
Take advantage of the wide array of learning opportunities our program provides to refine your communication skills. In addition to formal training, you’ll also gain valuable hands-on experience interacting with educators, young learners and parents.
As you work with teachers and young learners, you’ll earn up to 40 volunteer hours you can apply to your graduation requirements or college, scholarship or job applications. At the end of the program, you’ll receive a letter of recognition from the USPTO.
Make a lasting difference for children while supporting STEM education. You’ll help children build an innovative mindset, encouraging creativity and confidence while exploring entrepreneurship through the lens of invention.
See a typical day as a Leadership Intern
As campers check in, Leadership Interns team up with the Camp Director to kick off a day packed with hands-on STEM fun and learning.
Gathering at Base Camp, Leadership Interns guide Leaders-in-Training as they practice their goal-setting skills and help campers prepare to take on the day’s challenges.
As campers explore, experiment and overcome challenges, Leadership Interns provide encouragement and model collaboration skills for both campers and Leaders-in-Training.
During the lunch break, while campers refuel and enjoy some playtime, Leadership Interns work alongside the Camp Director to prepare more high-energy, hands-on challenges.
Leadership Interns inspire imagination and promote ingenuity by guiding campers through two more experiences and providing support for the efforts of Leaders-in-Training.
Meeting back at Base Camp, Leadership Interns focus on building young innovators’ creative problem-solving skills and keeping them motivated to continue learning and inventing.
As parents sign out their campers, Leadership Interns assist the Camp Director in wrapping up the day and guide Leaders-in-Training to reflect on their goals and growing skills.
Camp Invention Parents' Donations
The Fossum Family Endowment
The Al and Helen Free Foundation
The Amos E. Joel Young Inventors Endowment
Become a Leadership Intern