Become a STEM Leader — Find Summer Internships With the National Inventors Hall of Fame
Choose a rewarding summer internship
Designed exclusively for high school and college students, our Leadership Intern program reinvents summer volunteer opportunities. Leadership Interns work closely with Camp Invention® and Invention Project® participants to help them explore STEM concepts and become creative thinkers who can invent a better tomorrow.
Our program provides you with a wide array of learning opportunities.
You’ll make a lasting difference for children while supporting STEM education.
Apply to become a Leadership Intern
For high school sophomores, juniors, seniors and college students, our Leadership Intern program is the ultimate college application or resume builder. Camp Invention and Invention Project participants need great leaders, so don’t miss this unique opportunity to gain mentoring skills and leadership experience, as well as Intellectual Property knowledge.
Receive exceptional training
- Get formalized, online leadership training from a professional coaching and training organization
- Explore entrepreneurship through the lens of invention and innovation
- Learn the importance of Intellectual Property protection concepts and processes guided by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Gain valuable experience
- Refine your communication skills as you interact with these young learners and their parents and educators
- Earn up to 40 volunteer hours for your graduation requirements or college, scholarship or job applications
- Receive a letter of recognition from the USPTO
See a typical day as a Leadership Intern
When campers check in, our Camp Director kicks off a day of fun.
Gather with campers and Leaders-in-Training at Base Camp.
You’ll help your team complete two creative challenges and enjoy a healthy snack.
Your team will refuel with a healthy lunch and enjoy some well-deserved playtime outside or in the gym.
The afternoon brings two more challenging modules that will inspire campers’ imaginations.
Your team will regroup to focus on problem solving.
Parents will sign out their children at the end of our action-packed day.