What is Camp Invention?
- Who: Curious kids entering grades K-6
- What: A confidence-boosting STEM summer camp where kids build creative inventions and lasting friendships. Led by certified local educators, our camps offer new and exciting hands-on activities every year.
- Where: Over 1,000 programs run nationwide in schools, community centers and other local facilities!
- When: Program dates vary for each camp location. If your local camps don’t offer a date that works for you, we can also send an at-home camp experience directly to your doorstep.
- How Much: Pricing for this weeklong STEM summer camp, complete with take-home materials and limitless inspiration, starts at $245. See your local camp for exact pricing.
Here’s what an action-packed day looks like with Camp Invention
A.M. Base Camp
Drop off your camper with certified local educators and Leadership Interns, and they’ll start each day with games that encourage teamwork and spark creativity.
Campers take on two creative challenges (or modules) and enjoy the healthy snacks they’ve brought to help keep their minds moving.
Games & Lunch
Half the campers head outside or to the gym to play action-packed games, and the others eat the lunch they’ve packed. Then they switch!
Time for two more modules that will introduce your child to world-changing inventors, keep them active, and encourage their curiosity and creative thinking.
P.M. Base Camp
The day wraps up as campers wind down with problem-solving games, and when you sign your camper out, they’ll tell you how much fun they had at Camp Invention!
This year’s all-new program is designed to inspire confidence and persistence, build essential STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) skills and boost reading abilities. This is all accomplished through collaborative, creative problem-solving activities that offer so much hands-on fun and excitement, kids don’t even realize how much they’re learning!
Children dive into ocean research and adopt their own robotic fish! They design and patent new aquatic plants and create a symbiotic best friend for their fish. Then they develop a unique bio-inspired invention and hook investors at the fish market!
Inspired by real space exploration, campers create Spacepacks and Astro-Arm devices to help them with gravity-defying cooking, glow-in-the-dark lunar discoveries and erupting ice volcanoes! Before returning to Earth, they mine an asteroid and collect data on how animals can hatch and grow in space.
Art and STEM combine in this immersive creative experience! Campers learn how inventions have changed the way people create as they experiment with materials science, chemistry and art. They even build their own robotic artist to help them make awesome spin art!
Children zigzag through physics, engineering and gaming as they build a mega marble arcade! First, they use scientific principles like potential and kinetic energy to roll gaming spheres at different speeds. Then they collaborate and level up their designs through hands-on problem solving!