What is Camp Invention?
- What: Camp Invention® is designed to help students create, collaborate and gain confidence through building prototypes and solving real-world problems. This nationally accredited, standards-aligned STEM summer camp program is informed by the insights of world-changing inventors and has inspired children nationwide for more than 30 years. A new, tested program is developed by our team of educators each year and is differentiated to meet the needs of primary and intermediate students. The program includes four unique modules with 32.5 curriculum hours*.
- Who: Students in grades K-6
- When: Summer
- Where: Camp Invention is hosted locally and led by local educators. If a district building is not available, the program can be hosted in a community building, library or other local facility.
- How: Materials are shipped in classroom sets from our in-house warehouse directly to your program location
*Camp can be implemented using a parent-paid model or purchased as a full program or in modules. It also can run as a unique stand-alone summer experience or as the perfect complement to a larger summer learning program.
Designed for hands-on engagement and open-ended exploration, Camp Invention encourages children’s natural curiosity and creativity. Our 20-month curriculum development process ensures participants enjoy a quality experience.
Camp Invention qualifies for ARP/ESSER, Title I-IV, 21st Century Community Learning Centers, and Migrant Education funding, as well as state and local district funding resources. Our team works with you to both identify and apply for funding opportunities.
The National Inventors Hall of Fame® provides all materials and resources needed for hassle-free implementation, including dedicated customer support throughout the program.
Independent evaluations show that one week of Camp Invention can produce short- and long-term improvements in creativity, interest in STEM subjects, collaboration and problem-solving skills. Learn more about our impact.
What is Included in Camp Invention?
Program Team Member orientation, promotional tools including flyers, posters, social media and digital content, and exceptional guidance and one-on-one coaching provided by a dedicated NIHF support team.
Materials, step-by-step curricula and instructor guide for 32.5 hours of programming, daily schedules and prerecorded videos to supplement the curriculum, a central registration system, and Camp Invention T-shirts for participants and Program Team Members.
Explore our 2023 Program: Wonder
Read below for a quick preview of our upcoming summer’s all-new program or dig into this year's program even further.
Children build entrepreneurship skills as they design their own mini pop-up business, make strong financial decisions, develop creative marketing strategies to attract customers and achieve their business goals.
Children ride through physics, engineering, invention and art as they build their own mini skate park complete with ramps, bowls and rails!
Children become confident event planners as they engineer light-up party hats, build musical instruments to experiment with sound vibrations and explore the science of color with bubble art banners.
Children explore nature, biomimicry, genetics and adaptive creativity as they transform a MimicBot into a one-of-a-kind animatronic stuffie!
What Educators Are Saying About Our Education Programs
1. Donald J. Treffinger, Camp Invention Evaluation. Sarasota (FL): Center for Creative Learning (2001); Bureau of Research Training and Services in the College and Graduate School of Education, Health and Human Services at Kent State University (2007); A. Scarisbrick-Hauser, B. Hauser, 2010 Camp Invention Program Evaluation (2010); ChangeMaker Consulting, LLC, Camp Invention Evaluation (2014); J. Falk, Camp Invention Evaluation Report. Institute for Learning Innovation (2018).
Bring Camp Invention to Your School