As the holiday season fast approaches, parents, grandparents and relatives are again faced with the age-old question of what gifts to give the children in their lives. Instead of concerning yourself with the latest toy or fashion trend, instead, consider giving the gift of Camp Invention®!
As the only nationally recognized nonprofit summer enrichment program for kindergarteners through sixth-grade students, Camp Invention’s curriculum is directly inspired by National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF) Inductees. Read below for 10 reasons why a week of Camp Invention is the gift that keeps on giving!
- Participating in Camp Invention is a fun and engaging way for children to learn about how STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) concepts are relevant to their everyday life.
- Through Camp Invention’s combination of individual and collaborative activities, participants have the opportunity to build their confidence in overcoming challenges that require creativity and perseverance.
- At Camp Invention, children are encouraged to explore on their own terms. Unlike in a traditional classroom setting, campers embrace self-directed learning and are free to follow their curiosity.
- Research conducted by Dr. John Falk, the founding director of the Center for Research on Lifelong STEM Learning at Oregon State University, found that attending just one week of Camp Invention resulted in statistically significant improvements in creativity, STEM interest and the ability to use problem-solving techniques.
- Attending Camp Invention introduces children to world-changing NIHF Inductees, and the chance to find their very own innovative role models.
- Each Camp Invention module includes a take-home item. As part of our 2020 Camp Invention Flight Lab™ module, we are especially excited to provide each camper with their very own take-apart robot named LINK.
- Camp Invention offers a brand new curriculum each summer to ensure that our program remains both cutting edge and relevant. To learn more about the 20-month development process that goes into each year’s new curriculum, check out this blog!
- Camp Invention teaches children that their ideas have value. This important lesson will benefit students well into adulthood.
- Camp Invention inspires children to develop a growth mindset and realize that improvement is always possible.
- Your support for Camp Invention ensures that our program will continue reaching underserved children and closing innovation gaps.
Give the gift of Camp Invention today
To search for a Camp Invention program near you and to reserve a spot for a child today, check out our website. If a location is not currently listed near you, bookmark this registration page and check back soon!