What is Club Invention?
- What: An afterschool STEM program that inspires children to overcome challenges in any area of life through hands-on learning. A total of nine unique modules are available with each module containing eight, one-hour units* that are easily differentiated to accommodate a wide range of ages and learning styles. Our modules incorporate a range of subject areas and align to state standards, and Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Who: Students in grades 1-6.
- When: Club Invention® can be implemented in an afterschool setting as an out-of-school time program.
- Where: Club Invention is hosted locally and led by local educators. If a district building is not available, the program can be hosted in a community building, library or other local facility.
- How: Materials are shipped in classroom sets from our in-house warehouse directly to your program location.
*Each Club Invention unit is a stand-alone experience. Units can be purchased by the district or implemented using a parent-paid model.
Designed for hands-on engagement and open-ended exploration, Club Invention empowers students to tap into their natural curiosity and creativity.
Qualifies for ARP/ESSER, Title I-IV, 21st Century Community Learning Centers, and Migrant Education funding, as well as state and local district funding resources.
The National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF) provides all materials and resources needed for hassle-free implementation, as well as dedicated support throughout the program.
Our research-based curriculum addresses learning loss while engaging students through open-ended challenges and activities.
What is Included in Club Invention?
Step-by-step curriculum aligned to national and state standards, activity objectives, subject background, academic vocabulary and group discussion questions.
Start-to-finish program support from a dedicated NIHF support team, and flexible implementation, customized to meet your school or district’s unique needs.
All required materials, posters and handouts to ensure an immersive experience.
Tech addendum for flexible in-school and afterschool implementation options, literacy and science extensions.
Media slider with 2 slides
Explore a Selection of Club Invention Units
Children join an engineer, architect and builder to restore a town by designing, creating and testing structures including shelters and bridges.
Bolder Builders aligns to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
Castles, Catapults and Coats of Arms™
Working together to explore science and medieval history, children take on roles from knights to craftspeople and engage in hands-on creativity.
Castles, Catapults and Coats of Arms aligns to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
To help a famous science magazine develop solutions to everyday problems, children conduct experiments, solve puzzles and create games.
E.Z. Science aligns to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
Children learn how flight innovations provide new perspectives as they invent ways to jump higher, fly giant paper planes and create 3D maps.
Flight Sight aligns to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
Passage to Planet ROG™
Traveling to a distant planet, children apply teamwork and creative problem solving to develop devices that will help them succeed in space.
Passage to Planet ROG aligns to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
SOS: Endangered Earth™
Investigating ecology and discovering threats to animal habitats, children design safe spaces for wildlife from black bears to birds.
SOS: Endangered Earth aligns to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
What Educators Are Saying About Club Invention
Bring Club Invention to Your School